Company: Sam Rayburn Memorial Veterans Center
Posted on: September 8, 2023
Registered Nurse - Bonham Community Living Center Dementia
Specialty Care Unit - EDRP - Bonham, Texas
This announcement is extended until 11/15/2023.
This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT & will remain open until
August 17, 2023, or until all positions are filled. The first
cut-off date is June 02, 2023. Eligible applications received after
that date will be referred at regular intervals or as additional
vacancies occur on an as-needed basis until positions are
Applicants will remain active for 3 months after their initial
application is received and/or updated. After that time, you must
update your application through your USAJobs account if you would
like to be made active again for possible consideration during the
A Community Living Center is a VA Nursing Home. Unlike many nursing
homes in the past, a Community Living center resembles "home" as
much as possible. It is a place where Veterans can receive nursing
home level care, which includes help with activities of daily
living (e.g., bathing and getting dressed) and skilled nursing and
medical care. The CLC provides 24- hour skilled nursing care,
restorative care and Geriatric evaluation management.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible and accountable for all elements of the nursing
process when providing and/or supervising direct patient
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care based on age
- Assumes responsibility for the coordination of care focused on
patient transition through the continuum of care, patient and
family education, patient self-management after discharge, and
supporting factors that impact customer satisfaction.
- Considers all characteristics of the individual, including age
and life stages, state of health, race and culture, and previous
- Respond appropriately to the physical, emotional, and
developmental needs of the patients.
- Administers medications and procedures per established policies
- Influences care outcomes by collaborating with members of the?
- Core elements of performance include knowledge and active
participation in the unit/program level quality improvement process
and initiatives as well as customer service programs.
- Must be able to cross train and assist in direct patient care
requiring nursing coverage.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS)
Financial Disclosure Report:
Paid Time Off:
Keywords: Sam Rayburn Memorial Veterans Center, McKinney , Registered Nurse , Healthcare , Bonham, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!