VIPcare Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) - Sherman, TX
Company: Better Health Group Services, Inc
Posted on: September 18, 2023
At VIPcare, it s our commitment, our passion, and our culture
that sets us apart.
Our mission is Better Health. Our passion is helping others.
--- Are you looking for a career opportunity that will help you
grow personally and professionally? --- Do you have a passion for
helping others achieve Better Health? --- Are you ready to join a
growing team that shares your mission?
Our Team Members make a difference each and every day!
We don t just talk the talk - we believe in it and live by it. Our
core value is always to deliver 5-star service. And by doing so, we
successfully achieve our mission of Better Health.
We support our providers with all the necessary tools and resources
they need to deliver the care all patients deserve. Be part of a
team that is rebuilding sick care into Better Health Care. We take
great care of our team, patients, providers, and affiliates because
together, we can achieve: Better Care.
Better Outcomes. Better Health.
Summary/ Objective: Routine care and wellness visits can help with
the early identification of any new or potentially worsening
medical conditions. This role is responsible for the completion of
either a Complete Physical Exam or Annual Wellness Visits in the
homes of patients selected for this intervention. The APRN will
practice under the protocols established by the leading Physician,
who is licensed in Texas.
- Performs health assessments and preventative health measures
within prescribed guidelines, protocols, and Physician
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify
and assess Patient clinical problems and health care needs
- Assesses the current presence of previously identified medical
conditions through diligent use of the 5-star checklist and other
- Complete applicable HEDIS/Star measure gaps in care
- Discusses and reviews cases with leading Physician
- Formulates and documents Plan of Care in Electronic Medical
- Prescribes medication or other forms of treatment for a
Patient's diseases and conditions
- Renders provision of care either in a home setting or remotely
including but not limited to:
- Administer IM injection
- Administer Medications
- Phlebotomy / Lab draw
- Administer Vaccinations
- Blood Glucose Monitor
- INR Checks
- Breathing/Nebulizer Treatments
- Ankle Brachial Index
- Perform Incision & Drainage
- ACP Discussion
- Joint Injections (if trained)
- Perform Suture Repair
- Keeps PCP updated on the Patient status and actions taken
- Will collaborate with Specialists where clinically
- Supervisory Responsibility:
- No direct reports
- APRN to report to VP of Health Services, Operations
(Operational/Administrative) and the leading TX licensed Physician
(Clinical) Work Environment:
- The APRN would work exclusively within patient's private
- Physical Demands:
- Manage and coordinate inbound and outbound telehealth and
- Ability to document in Electronic Database systems
- This is an active role. Requires actively examining and
treating Patients in their home
- Frequent bending and lifting
- Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position and core hours of work and days
are Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Travel:
- 100% of travel is required to the Patient's home and may
include travel to Tulsa and Enid for overnight travel.
- Quarterly visits to the Corporate/Regional office in Texas may
- Required Education/ Experience:
- MS in Nursing preferred
- Minimum 1 year of experience with clinical emphasis for APRN,
preferably in Geriatrics
- Current unrestricted Texas RN license and Texas NP license
- Must have a valid DEA license
- Must possess current CPR certification (BLS, ACLS, and
- Additional Eligibility and Qualifications:
- Ability to use Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to
document Patient encounters
- Knowledge of ICD-10 Coding and STAR Measures attainment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid Texas Driver's License The satisfactory completion of a
pre-placement Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
We're an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be
considered for employment without attention to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: Better Health Group Services, Inc, McKinney , VIPcare Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) - Sherman, TX, Healthcare , Sherman, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!