PRH- Pharmacy - Pharmacist - PRN, Variable Shift - 050.7070.3300.
Company: Paris Regional Health
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Job Summary: Perform medication order review, verification, and
dispensing. Execute medication reconciliation, clinical consults
and per protocol pharmacy medication management processes. Perform
chart reviews, and serve as liaison between pharmacy and other
disciplines, including physicians. Assist pharmacy director in
implementing process improvement. Assist with adverse event and
medication error monitoring and medication safety measures.
Depending on staffing needs, may work as part of the
interdisciplinary team in a decentralized unit-based model and
participate in multi-disciplinary rounds.
Adheres to all hospital and department policies and procedures.
Interprets physician prescriptions and medication orders. Acts as a
drug information resource to patients, medical staff, nursing staff
and ancillary department personnel. Compounds and dispenses
prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals for patient care
by performing the related duties. Responsible for coordinating
clinical pharmacy services and supporting each pharmacy in the
provision of optimal clinical services for all patients, including
neonatal, pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients. Facilitates the
development, implementation, and maintenance of programs and
systems that promote desirable patient outcomes through the use of
safe, cost-effective drug therapies Responsible for inspection and
monitoring functions to encompass all units in the hospital,
including refrigerator logs, nursing unit readiness, automated
dispensing machine performance, and regulatory compliance. Performs
other duties as assigned.
- Current Pharmacist certification or licensure in the State of
- Doctorate of Pharmacy degree or Bachelor of Science degree or
- Graduated from an accredited School of Pharmacy, PharmD
- Education in all age groups ranging from newborn to the
geriatric population obtained either in school education or
- IV certification within 90 days of hire
- Meditech experience preferred.
- Work as part of the interdisciplinary team.
- Perform medication order review, verification, and
- Execute medication reconciliation, clinical consults and per
protocol pharmacy medication management processes.
- Perform chart reviews, participate in multi-disciplinary
rounds, and serve as liaison between pharmacy and other
disciplines, including physicians.
- Assist pharmacy director in implementing process improvement
and other projects as requested.
- Assist with adverse event and medication error monitoring and
medication safety measures.
- Adheres to all hospital and department policies and
- Variable schedule as needed (weekends, holidays, on-call,
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Automated pharmacy systems, typewriters, IV Laminar Flow
Keywords: Paris Regional Health, McKinney , PRH- Pharmacy - Pharmacist - PRN, Variable Shift - 050.7070.3300., Healthcare , Paris, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!