Purpose of JobProvides support to the Enterprise and has an
opportunity to significantly impact organizational growth and
effectiveness through delivering best in class technology
solutions. Engaged in all phases of the software systems and
application development lifecycle which include; gathering and
analyzing requirements, designing, testing, documenting and
implementing software, responding to outages. Identify and manage
existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and
ensure these risks are effectively identified and escalated to be
measured, monitored and controlled.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking
at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100
Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's
Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a
robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers – World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
• Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
• Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
• Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures
for business activities.
• Design, develop, code, and test complex technical solutions
collaborating with senior engineers.
• May lead code/design reviews to ensure smooth daily operations
and accurate planning at a team level.
• May begin to organize work and lead team to deliver features
• Resolves complex production issues with independence by
troubleshooting complex applications and systems independently.
• May begin mentoring junior engineers.
• Bachelor's degree in related field of study, OR Certification
from an approved technical field of study, OR 4 additional years of
related experience beyond the minimum required.
• AND, 4 years of software development experience demonstrating
depth of technical understanding within a specific
• Recent USAA IT Experience
• Experience working with Kafka
• Experience building restful micro services based on Spring
The above description reflects the details considered necessary
to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be
construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements
that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is notavailable for this position.