The Phlebotomist II collects and processes quality specimens in
a safe manner as outlined in BSWH policies and procedures. Aids in
the delivery of exceptional patient care. The Phlebotomist II
assists with training and auditing of behaviors and performance, as
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all established specimen collection, labeling,
transportation, and handling procedures
- Responsible for high customer satisfaction through
professional and ethical conduct.
- Performs job responsibilities in an efficient and effective
- Performs clerical duties.
- Demonstrates engagement with achieving department goals and
The ideal candidate has the knowledge and ability to perform
laboratory protocols and procedures in accordance with regulations;
has analytical and critical thinking skills; has the ability to
comprehend and communicate instructions; is able to multi-task; is
skilled in the use of computers and related software applications;
has knowledge of safety and infection control standards; and has
the ability to work collaboratively with others.
Location/Facility -BUMC Downtown Dallas, TX
Specialty/Department/Practice - Lab
Shift/Schedule - PRN Monday - Friday 2:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
PTO accrual beginning Day 1
*Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Minimum/no experience required
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
Phlebotomy Technician (PBT): Must have a Phlebotomy Tech Cert
from one of these agencies:
ASCP, NPA, ASPT, NCC, NHA, AMT, NAHP, AMCA or ACA.