SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Registered Nurse / RN
Progressive Care Unit / PCU / ICU Step down
Work Schedule: FT Nights
Medical City McKinney is a growing 260-bed hospital that is
proud of our history of serving the health care needs of the
residents of McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than
90 years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to our
growing community's needs.
Visit our website at http://www.medicalcenterofmckinney.com/ to
see for yourself why you should join our team.
We are proud to offer:
* Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans
* Paid Time Off
* Short Term & Long Term Disability
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee Assistance Program
* Employee Recognition Programs
* Discounted tickets at many local attractions
* Discounts to various retail stores and more….
The Progressive Care Unit / ICU Stepdown RN provides direct
nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures
and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and
* Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
* Carries out physician orders.
* Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
* Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
* Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Instructs and educates patients and families.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
* Texas State RN license or compact license accepted
* Must have a minimum of one year recent experience as an RN in
PCU, ICU, or Critical Care in a hospital environment
* Current BLS and ACLS issued by the American Heart
* Customer service abilities including effective listening
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to
work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.