Document Retention Specialist
Company: Globe Life
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Consolidates all of the paperwork from accounts payable, general
ledger, and cash management activities for uploading into
OnBase. With each of the department’s sections having unique
output, the specialist will need to have a basic overall
understanding of the department. Pickup and delivery of the
documents to and from scanning will be a daily requirement.
Once the documents have been scanned and retrieved, the specialist
will be responsible for assigning keywords to each document.
Accounts payable invoice backups require an additional Excel-based
process in order to upload secondary keywords into OnBase.
Basic filing will also be routine. The specialist will
receive the department’s mail and work submissions from the
centralized General Accounting mail area. It will then be
their responsibility to distribute the documents to the appropriate
- Prepares all General Accounting scan jobs for image indexing.
This includes accounts payable, general ledger, and cash
- Help with non-document retention duties as needed based on the
needs of the overall department. This will include being trained on
specific roles as a backup.
- Coordinates delivery and pickup of all scan jobs from the
- Indexing keywords in the document filing system OnBase for
accounts payable, general ledger, abandoned property and cash
- The Lawson Business Intelligence reporting system will be
utilized to extract invoice data that will subsequently linked to
the existing scans. This is done with a custom upload process that
accounts payable utilizes.
- Daily auditing must be done in order to assure accuracy and
completion. This is particularly important in accounts payable due
SOX controls that are associated to posted disbursement authority
- Secure and handle Concur payable checks. Ensure checks are
delivered or picked up timely.
- File temporary paper copies in appropriate order.
- Destroy paper copies that have exceeded 3 month retention
- Manage and maintain paid check copy CDs. Inventory and upload
monthly disks when received from the banks.
- Coordinate new scan processes for General Accounting with the
OnBase administration team.
- Act as backup for Accounts Payable as needed.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong 10 key skills (essential)
- Knowledge of OnBase or related document processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of related office experience including Accounts
Keywords: Globe Life, McKinney , Document Retention Specialist, Other , Mckinney, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!