There are many things to consider when deciding on your next
employer. Do you want a job where you earn a paycheck? Or do you
want a CAREER with a company that values their employees as well as
the communities that they are in? At BancorpSouth we are more than
just a work place. We are a company that prides itself on values
and the people that we employ. Start your search for a career with
Job Title: Mortgage Loan Officer
Functional Title: Mortgage Loan Originator
Physical Location: McKinney Mortgage - 2300 Eldorado Parkway,
McKinney, TX 75070
Reports To: Regional Mortgage Loan Manager
Working Conditions: Normal, no adverse or hazardous
Job Group Category: Non-Exempt (eligible for overtime)
Primary Purpose: Summary of major reason this job exists.
Under general supervision, the mortgage loan officer is
responsible for originating new mortgage loan business for the bank
by working with Realtors, Builders, past clients, and other
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: Majority of duties
performed, but not meant to be all inclusive or to prevent other
duties from being assigned.
- Solicit business from potential and existing customers (outside
and inside business location).
- Interviews loan applicants and processes loan applications for
both purchase and refinance transactions.
- Counsel borrowers about various loan programs and help them to
select the program that best fits their financial goals and
- Assist the loan processor in gathering the necessary documents
from the customer to prepare for underwriting.
- Works closely with the processor and underwriter to address any
underwriting issues and get closed.
- Manages a large pipeline of loans including meeting closing
deadlines, submitting loans to compliance, and making sure their
pipeline meets the bank's requirements.
- Provides and maintains a professional, business-like atmosphere
within the organization.
- Represents the financial institution in public relations
activities and community affairs.
Job Specifications: Knowledge, skills, and abilities normally
required for competent performance in the job.
- Thorough understanding of all loan programs and closing
- Have a good understanding of FHA, VA and conventional
underwriting guidelines for all loan investors.
- Must be able to meet strict time deadlines and work
independently under pressure.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to follow set
- Possess ability to sell oneself to potential customers and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain
or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic
information or any other status protected under applicable local,
state or federal nondiscrimination laws.