Play Room Attendant - APEX Part-Time
Company: City of McKinney
Posted on: May 3, 2021
WORKING FOR THE CITY OF MCKINNEY
Working for the City of McKinney is more than a job. It is an
opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others.
It is also an opportunity to have a hand in the development of one
of the fastest growing communities in the nation. In 2014, our
community was named "The #1 Best Place to Live in America."
Although proud of that honor, everyone on our team is committed to
making McKinney an even better place to live, work and raise a
family. That's why we exist.
OUR CORE VALUES
City of McKinney employees work hard and at a very fast pace.
However, we also look after and support one another. All of us are
guided by four employee-generated values - Respect, Integrity,
Service, and Excellence (RISE). We are also supported by
servant-based leaders who foster and support a healthy,
family-oriented culture. All new employees are expected to embrace
and live by our core values and commit to helping us sustain our
exceptional work environment.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Responsible for providing a safe, secure and entertaining
environment for the children of members and guests.
Essential Functions/Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide a clean, well-maintained and safe playroom area.
- Provide positive and enthusiastic customer service to all
members and guests by greeting members by name, exceeding their
expectations with service, saying good bye and inviting them back
again the next day.
- Provide an entertaining and stimulating environment for the
- Monitor the children's activities to ensure their safety at all
- Properly clean, disinfect and maintain the playroom areas,
including all toys, equipment, play surfaces and other spaces.
- Maintain accurate records on all children within the playroom
area. This includes having a medical form and release on each
child, having children signed in and out by parents and making sure
that all incidences involving the children are recorded.
- Provide activities and encourage play which is appropriate to
the developmental levels of the children.
- Conduct oneself at all times in a manner or professionalism
that aligns with the values, philosophies and standards of the
facility. This includes wearing facility approved attire and
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings.
- Adhere to all of the written mandatory standards of operation,
policies, procedures, manuals, memos, and oral instructions,
- Arrive to work every day on time as scheduled.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND BEHAVIORS
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to work in a team environment; contribute as a team
member and treat co-workers, subordinates and customers with
- Build professional relationships with internal staff and
- Offer flexibility and adaptability, especially during times of
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be at least sixteen years of age.
- Some High School or working towards High School diploma.
- CPR Certification required with specific training in CPR for
- Knowledge of First Aid.
- Babysitting certification required within 30 days of hire
- Some related work experience preferred, but not required.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Must pass a drug screen and background check.
- No visible tattoos, body piercings, or unnatural hair
The indoor environment provides for a safe and healthy work
environment and is smoke and drug free. Occasionally, it may be wet
and humid, as well as moderately loud. The outdoor work environment
may result in exposure to extreme weather conditions such as heat,
cold, and humidity.
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and
arms. Must be able to see, speak, and hear. Regularly required to
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift
and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of
work being performed as of the date of preparation and approval.
They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the position.
Employees holding this position will be required to perform any
other job-related duties as requested by management. The job
description does not constitute an employment agreement between the
employer and employee, and all requirements are subject to possible
modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
Keywords: City of McKinney, McKinney , Play Room Attendant - APEX Part-Time, Other , Mckinney, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!