RMD DT Strategic Planning Data Strategy Lead
Company: Raytheon Technologies Corp
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Job ID 180015BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/25/2021 City
Huntsville State AL Country United States
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, fresh thinking and possibilities
are forged in times of change and you will be on the front lines as
we trailblaze new approaches, push the boundaries of innovation and
chart a course to a tomorrow you can be proud to have a hand in
Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) Digital Technology is seeking
an experienced leader to formulate and execute digital strategy.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Strategy and Architecture, this
position will lead a diverse team to create integrated capability
roadmaps and portfolio baselines that inform and enable business
strategies addressing major customer needs and shifts in the
aerospace and defense industry. This role leads Digital
Technology's long-range planning (3-5 years) by integrating the
capability roadmaps developed by the Strategy Development Team with
the resource baseline maintained by the Portfolio Management Team.
This role will serve as the RMD lead for the RTX Data Strategy
Development & Execution effort, engaging with business leaders of
other key Enterprise digital strategies like Digital Thread,
Digital Transformation and Industry 4.0. This role is accountable
for challenging the status quo, and creating Strategic Alignment on
key initiatives across Corporate, functions and partners by
influencing senior leaders within RMD and engaging with senior
leaders at Enterprise Services and other corporate functions.
Preferred location to be near a major RMD site: Tucson, Boston
or Huntsville with some remote work. Requires ability to travel
about 10% of the time.
- Establish and manage vision, strategy and goals to align with
business and customer requirements.
- Create integrated capability roadmaps and portfolio baselines
to inform and enable strategies to address customer needs and
shifts in the aerospace and defense industry.
- Engage and collaborate with leaders across the business and
enterprise on multiple initiatives driving capabilities and
- Create strong business cases for evolving DT services by
evaluating and balancing cost, benefit, risk and overall impact to
- Negotiate tradeoffs and lead decision making that impacts
prioritization of Digital Technology efforts by balancing strategic
value with existing demand, compliance, budgetary impacts and
- Influences alignment with other operating units of RTX and key
- Business-wide improvements to information management and
governance, including data quality, data availability and data
utility for leadership decision support and business process
Qualifications you must have:
- 14 years' experience; preferably across multiple domain areas
such as program management, engineering, digital technology, or
- Experience leading teams
- Project management leadership experience by leading development
and execution of complex project plans
- Experience improving the product lifecycle (concept through
sustainment) by identifying and leading value added enhancements to
key value streams
- Experience with managing digital technology heavy programs
through understanding of Digital ecosystems and enabling
- Experience briefing at the executive/business leadership
- Bachelor's degree; Preferably in STEM (Engineering, Science,
Mathematics, Technology) Or related Business Management eld
The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior
to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S.
citizens are eligible for a security clearance
Qualifications We Value:
- Demonstrated success in strategic planning and ability to
translate strategy to action and results.
- Previous success in managing large, complex projects
simultaneously (with multiple funding sources) and developing
creative and innovative solutions for large-scale business
- Demonstrated ability to lead and integrate cross-functional
teams to achieve outcomes through building strong relationships,
team building, conflict resolution and collaborating in way that
builds an environment of credibility, respect and trust.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate mission, negotiate and
challenge respectfully and describe opportunities in a way that
influences and aligns key decision makers on top priorities
(utilizing strong verbal and written communications, presence and
influence, and business and technical acumen).
- Strong understanding of multiple business disciplines and how
they are integrated to drive execution (such as engineering design,
manufacturing, test, quality, supply chain, manufacturing, finance
and program management)
- Demonstrated ability to understand RTN business model and
financial impacts to program performance
- Certifications in any of the following areas will be helpful to
the success of this leader: Raytheon Six Sigma, Agile, certified
business strategist or architect
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to exercise
independent judgment and manage complexity and ambiguity.
- Working knowledge of DoD and manufacturing sector requirements
and trends related to digital transformation
What We Offer:
Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are
an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards
package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare,
wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and
recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer
include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Keywords: Raytheon Technologies Corp, McKinney , RMD DT Strategic Planning Data Strategy Lead, Other , Mckinney, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!