RN Labor & Delivery
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Full time Nights Only & (rotating weekends) 7P-7A
This hospital is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud
of our history of serving the health care needs of the residents of
McKinney and our surrounding communities for more than 90
years. Change and innovation have marked our commitment to
our growing community's needs.
The Labor and Delivery RN provides direct nursing care in
accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of
the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- ADN required BSN is preferred
- Must have 1year experience in Labor & Delivery in an
acute care setting
- 7 L&D rooms
- 28 bed total Womens Services
- 160 Deliveries monthly
- NO call for this position
Keywords: Gables Search Group, McKinney , RN Labor & Delivery, Other , Mckinney, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!