RN - PCU - Nights
Company: Gables Search Group
Posted on: October 7, 2021
NIGHTS - PCU RN - McKinney, TX
SHIFT: Full time Nights (rotating weekends)
This is a growing 260-bed hospital that is proud of our history
of serving the health care needs of the residents of McKinney and
our surrounding communities for more than 90 years. Change
and innovation have marked our commitment to our growing
The Progressive Care Unit / ICU Stepdown
RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with
established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans
wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well
coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
appropriate utilizing computerized documentation
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective
equipment as required.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse from Texas Board of
Nurse Examiners. Compact license is accepted.
- Current Healthcare Provider ACLS and BLS issued by the
American Heart Association required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a RN in a high acuity PCU or
critical care unit, step down or intermediate care - Acute care
- MUST have acute care experience in a HOSPITAL
Salary: $28.64 -
$35.83 (10yrs) - $42.95 (20yrs)
Shift Differential: Nights $3.75 -
Sign on Bonus: Up to $10,000 - with a 2 yr
Relocation: Up to $3,000 ( Depending on
Keywords: Gables Search Group, McKinney , RN - PCU - Nights, Other , Mckinney, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!